Taiwan: Amendments to Labor Standards Act
Effective January 1, 2017, there are many changes being introduced to the Taiwan Labor Standards Act that will impact employers. The changes will impact the way in which employers arrange their HR facilities.
The changes are lengthy, however, from a high level, they include:
- The working week and how working days vs. rest days are provided
- How wages are calculated for rest days
- Calculation for annual leave days along with how time off should be requested
- National holidays provided
- Provision of wage calculation statements for employees
- Increased fines to employers when violations have occurred and when payments have not been made on time
All employers must adhere to these changes or face potential sanctions for noncompliance.